What tastes better with a sunny weekend ahead than pancakes and ONEHOPE Wine? To ease you into the season of brunching, we’re going all out with this adorable pancake board.
The steps are simple and the end result is both beautiful and delicious! Don’t forget to whip up a side of bacon and scrambled eggs (recipes to follow from our wonderful Estate Kitchen Manager and culinary guru, Dan Gora).
How to Make a Pancake Board
Step 1: Arrange your pancakes.
Step 2: Add fresh berries!
Step 3: Arrange bacon slices.
Step 4: Add more berries to fill in the blank space!
Step 5: Add cheeses and additional baked goodies, if you’d like.
Step 6: Pair with your favorite ONEHOPE Wine and enjoy!
Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 24 eggs
- 2 tbsp. half & half
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat a large saute pan or stove top griddle over low heat and add butter to the pan. Add onions and bell peppers and saute for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The goal here is for these to cook down and slightly caramelize.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl with salt, pepper and half & half and whisk until smooth. Add into saucepan, stirring in figure 8’s with a rubber spatula every couple minutes as the scrambled eggs start to form. When they are just a little shy how you like them (I prefer just SLIGHTLY on the runny side…just barely runny…it’s a very fine line) turn off the burners and fold in the grated cheese. The eggs will continue to cook and the cheese will melt as you stir.
Makes 24 strips of bacon
Time: 30 minutes
- 24 strips thick cut bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 half sheet pans with parchment paper, and lay bacon strips on top in a single even layer. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping each strip of bacon after 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set bacon slices on a plate lined with a paper towel.
Now you’re set for weekend brunching! Simply add your favorite bottle of ONEHOPE wine, such as our Italian Prosecco, and enjoy.
The ONEHOPE Team
The post How to Make a Pancake Board + Brunch Pairings appeared first on ONEHOPE Blog.